Drs. Felder and Brent regularly present workshops on effective teaching, mentoring and supporting new faculty members, and faculty development, on campuses and at conferences around the country and abroad. The workshops are intended primarily for faculty members in
science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines, but most of them can be modified for campus-wide audiences. Some are also suitable for administrators (deans, associate and assistant deans, and department heads) and future faculty members (graduate students and postdoctoral fellows headed for academic careers).
- Effective college teaching — 1.5 days (2 days in countries where English is not the native language). Basic teaching workshop for faculty members, covering important aspects of course design, delivery, and assessment.
- Active learning — 1/2 day. Workshop for current and future faculty members.
- Cooperative learning — 1/2 day. Workshop for faculty members.
- Helping STEM students develop high-level skills — 1 day. Workshop for STEM faculty members.
- Outcomes-based education — 1 day standalone, 1/2 day as a supplement to the effective teaching workshop. Workshop for faculty members and deans, associate and assistant deans, and department heads.
- Introduction to learning styles — 1/2 day. Workshop for current and future faculty members.
- Getting an academic position and getting it off to a good start — 1 day. Workshop for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows contemplating academic careers.
- Mentoring and supporting new faculty members — 1/2 day. Workshop for deans, associate and assistant deans, department heads, and senior faculty members.
- How to evaluate teaching — 1/2 day. Workshop for department heads and faculty members.
- Designing and presenting effective teaching workshops to STEM faculties — 1/2 day. Workshop for faculty development personnel and teaching leaders.
- Locations of past and scheduled teaching workshops.
- Participant evaluations of teaching workshops.
Contact Richard Felder for information about scheduling and fees.