Dr. Rebecca Brent has 15 years of experience as an evaluator in both K-12 and higher education programs and holds a Certificate of Evaluation Practice from The Evaluators Institute at George Washington University. She specializes in implementation evaluation and can gather data and provide recommendations to help program leaders make good decisions increasing the likelihood of reaching their program objectives.
To get more information about current and past projects or to explore using Dr. Brent’s evaluation services, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Evaluation Activities
- Process evaluator for AGEP NC Alliance: An Institutional Transformation Model to Increase Minority STEM Doctoral Student and Faculty Success, a National Science Foundation project at North Carolina State University, North Carolina A&T University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2018-2023)
- Principal evaluator for Data-Enabled Science and Engineering of Atomic Structure (SEAS), a National Science Foundation Research Traineeship at North Carolina State University and North Carolina Central University (2016-2022)
- Researcher for Explaining the Choices, Persistence, and Attrition of Black Students in Electrical, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering, a National Science Foundation grant based at Clemson University (2018-2021)
- Evaluator for a National Science Foundation Career grant in engineering education at Purdue University (2017-2022)
Selected Previous Evaluation Projects
- Chair (2) and member (1) for three evaluation panels for projects using the MIDFIELD database housed at Purdue University (2008-2015)
- Evaluator for NASA STEM education project for kindergarten through 9th grade at York College of CUNY (2017-2018)
- Administered climate surveys to faculty and staff in 25 departments at North Carolina State University to assist in efforts to improve the climate for diversity (2009-2018)
- Developed, administered, and analyzed a three university survey of Materials Science and Engineering graduate students for a National Science Foundation conference on increasing diversity (2012)
- Principal evaluator for NSF ADVANCE grant at North Carolina State University (2009-2012)
- Principal evaluator for NSF CCLI grant in Civil Engineering at North Carolina State University (2009-2012)
- Site evaluator for the North Carolina IMPACT project on integrating technology at Wells Elementary School in Wilson, NC and Williford Elementary School in Rocky Mount, NC led by the Friday Institute at North Carolina State University (2003-2006)